GottaGo! proposes that the City of Ottawa & National Capital Commission:
- Ensure that open, clean public toilets and water fountains accessible to people of all abilities are installed at LRT stations, at Park & Ride lots across Ottawa including suburban and rural areas.
- Invest in signage, appropriate hours, staffing, improvements and maintenance for existing public toilets to bring them to a standard fitting to a national capital.
- Provide subsidies to private businesses in key locations in return for open access, improvements to their toilet facilities, oversight and signage.
- Add at least one 24/7 unisex, direct access facility accessible to persons of all abilities to public buildings in high traffic areas. Invest in at least two adult “changing stations” for users with severe disabilities.
- Require new developments in key areas to provide for unisex street-access toilets accessible to persons of all abilities as part of their permitting.
- Build/install new architecturally beautiful public toilets where required.